Friday, May 25, 2007

Iraq Funding Bill - Open Letter to Senator Mikulski

Ms. Mikulski,
I am writing to express my disgust and dismay with your vote in support of Mr. Bush's endless and needless war in Iraq.

I had come to expect much more from you. Unless I am quite mistaken you voted against the initial authorization of Mr. Bush's misbegotten invasion. Why, when the chips are once again on the table, did you chose to kowtow to a petulant and frustrated President?

Fearing smears and barbs from a Whitehouse that enjoys only a 33% approval rating is cowardly, this cowardice is exacerbated by the fact that your vote ignores the wishes of your constituents as well as the majority of the American Public.

While it is true that the Congress would be unable to override a veto of a funding bill that included timetables, it is equally true that Mr. Bush cannot sign into law a bill that is not sent to him by Congress.

This was an important vote and I believe that you have made the wrong decision. I am very disappointed in your choice and I will be forced to seriously reconsider my support of your candidacy in future elections.

Sincerely,
Henry Coppola

No comments:

Post a Comment