Sunday, January 13, 2008

Three Strikes, You're Out... Sort Of.

A new law under consideration in Virginia would require three time drunk drivers to adorn their vehicles with bright yellow and red license plates.

While I suppose this is a good idea, a 'scarlet letter' if you will (and the Virginia Lawyers Weekly Blog will) and MADD is supportive in a way, I have one simple question.

How it is possible that our society allows someone who has been caught and convicted of drunk driving not once, not twice, but three times to ever get behind the wheel again?

Painting drunk driver's cars bright purple with polka dots and covering them in electric green flashing lights would also be a good start.

Here's an idea though, don't let them drive anymore!

WAVY-10 in Norfolk-Portsmouth also had coverage. I swear I heard this story on NPR Friday morning but I can't find it on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment