Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Roger Ebert Gives Bill O'Reilly Two Thumbs Down

Turns out Roger Ebert does more than just review movies. He recently took to his blog in response to Bill O'Reilly putting Ebert's paper, The Chicago Sun-Times, in his hall of shame and calling for an advertising boycott.

Apparently O'Reilly is upset because the Sun Times dropped his syndicated column, which according to Ebert elicited fewer complaints than the paper's decision to drop the comic strip Nancy.

Ebert finishes with a flourish...

That newspapers continue to run your column is a mystery to me, since it is composed of knee-jerk frothings and ravings. If I were an editor searching for a conservative, I wouldn't choose a mad dog. My recommendation: The admirable Charles Krauthammer.

Bill, I am concerned that you have been losing touch with reality recently. Did you really say you are more powerful than any politician?

That reminds me of the famous story about Squeaky the Chicago Mouse. It seems that Squeaky was floating on his back along the Chicago River one day. Approaching the Michigan Avenue lift bridge, he called out: Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
(via TPM)

No comments:

Post a Comment