Friday, May 27, 2011

Read This Now - Baseball Players Can Write

At least Michael Cuddyer can, he's been doing a column for Fox Sports North this season.  The only one I've read all of is his great tribute and goodbye piece to Harmon Killebrew...

Now, at that time, I didn't have the prettiest of signatures. As a matter of fact, it was downright awful. It was pretty reminiscent of an EKG that you would get from one of your physicals. You could make out the M and the C, but after that, it could have been Miley Cyrus who signed your ball for all you knew. Once Harmon was notified that the signature in question was mine, he told me that if he saw this ink spot go through the line again, he was going to walk away and stop signing. The only person the people would have been mad at if Harmon had stopped signing was me. From that moment on, I have made it a point to sign my autograph so fans can actually read it. Every single autograph I have signed since then, I have heard Harmon in my head saying, "If you are going to take the time to sign your name, you better make sure people can read it."
They're all worth reading though, and the column is probably a solid RSS candidate.

The Twins and Minnesota as a whole have sent Killer off in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment