Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fleeing Town

So its July and that means summer is descending upon DC and the time to head for the hills has come. Continuing a long standing family tradition I'm out of here for the next 5 weeks, so expect sporadic posts at best.

I've also missed a lot of action in the past couple of weeks, in my defense all I can offer is that I was mired in a terrible internet connection at a house sitting gig (man the house and dog were great though, totally worth it) and I was ramping up for the GRE last week, which went quite well thank you.

So here are a few brief tid-bits on my way out the door:

EJ Dionne Jr. sums up my take on SCOTUS and the DC gun ruling and then takes another hefty swing at the Court to boot.

Telecom Immunity is terrible, and it is even worse that Obama is getting behind it. (check out Glenn Greenwald for more)

Obama is pissing me off with that stance and with recording ads for wolf in sheep's clothing conservative democrats when they have strong legitimate progressive primary opposition. I'm gonna vote for the guy, I'll get a sticker for the car, I might even sport a t-shirt at some point but I'm not giving money and I'm not gonna do any work for him. Don't get me wrong I think that Obama will make a good President and do a good job, but I'm the angry left and he isn't really in my corner is he? (Matt Stoller is beating the war drums on this one)

Robert Greenwald and Brave New Films have been doing great work in regards to McCain and his surrogates as well.

I've gotta run so I'll leave you with a little bit of fun, smile it'll feel good...

No comments:

Post a Comment