Thursday, July 10, 2008

On the Road

These days hotels are where the internet is, and at the lovely little public library in the town I'm near. It is so lovely that the internet works outside on the grass in the beautiful weather.

But the hotels win in the end because they also have outlets, and alas I have a weak battery (am I jealous of my girlfriend's Mac you ask? More and more so).

A quick summer reading update, two things from The New Yorker. One is a little older and I just read it and the other I haven't read yet but heard about on NPR (hooray for radio!).

The older piece is George Packer from a few weeks back on the death of conservatism, if you haven't read it yet do yourself a favor and check it out.

The newer piece is Seymour Hersch's latest scoop, it has to do with Bush getting funding for covert ops in Iran, yeah that sounds like a great idea.

Have fun in the sun, and don't forget sunscreen if you're reading while laying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment