Thursday, October 2, 2008

Over The Line...

So I'm here in sunny Saipan escaping the last month of the campaign craziness and trying to save the world.

Since it's already a different day here than back in the mainland USA we'll be catching all the fun that is the ka-blooie in St. Louis at 11 am. That's a much more civilized time to watch grown men and women squabble like middle schoolers if you ask me.

Okay I didn't get this up before the debate. I always think that I want to watch these things, or at least that I should watch them. But when I do I just end up upset with the whole thing. It's really a shame that we don't manage to have substantive debates. Having the candidates discuss detailed plans for education, health care, foreign policy, or especially the economy would actually be informative. Instead we get a bunch of catch phrases and buzz words and non r evasive answers. It's terrible, the process these days makes a mockery of the democratic process and belittles the American people. It's a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment