Sunday, March 15, 2009

Filling the Reader

I'm totally hooked on google reader, any rss reader will probably do but google integrates with all the other things I already use so well (gmail primarily). I've been using the reader with greater regularity of late, which means that instead of trying to keep my unread posts in the 500 neighborhood I'm manging a much more impressive 250-300 level despite recently adding several new feeds.

This does mean that I'm more on top of my feed management which means that new feeds are under higher scrutiny and have only a short time to sink or swim.

I've got a food section (oh you didn't know? you need to ask somebody!) and thought that the Atlantic's new food feed looked worth a shot, especially considering that it promised to be at least slightly DC centric.

So far, not so good. The feed is currently dangling by a thread after several uninteresting posts, nothing that I wanted to star and then to cap things off a note on coffee types that not only didn't tell me anything I didn't already know but used Starbucks and Peets as the baseline for good coffee.

Good luck with that one Atlantic, I'm giving you the chop on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment