Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted, Did You?

If you haven't stop reading this and go VOTE RIGHT NOW! We'll wait...

Okay, much better. My voting experience here in Takoma Park was swift and easy, the entire process including waiting took between five and ten minutes. (There was a reported 45 minute- 1 hour wait this morning and I'm sure there will be a line at lunch and again in the evening, seriously we should have a week to vote or at least move the day to the weekend.) It was fairly exciting actually, despite the fact that Maryland is continuing to use electronic machines without a paper trail which drives me nuts. Mostly it was exciting because this is the first election (other than this year's primary) for which I've voted in person. I've been voting for ten years now but always by absentee ballot until today.

So go vote already, it'll feel good, really good.

Bonus Link: If you enjoy prediction / poll sites like 538 and Pollster then check out the Princeton Election Consortium. The cool stuff is along the right margin, like this map of the states weighted for electoral vote count. (via PK)


No comments:

Post a Comment