Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just When I was Feeling Upbeat

Major Bummer. It looks like Prop 8 has passed in California effectively banning gay marriage and relegating many of our fellow Americans to the status of second class citizens.

I'd like to quote Kottke now - Fuck you California.

While we're quoting folks how about Ezra Klein (and my friend POH via email) - WTF Alaska?
I'd just like to add; If 7 felony convictions isn't enough to keep you from getting re-elected what is?
(there are still absentee ballots to count in this one and it is close so you never know, but come on shouldn't this have been pretty decisive and clear cut?)

I'm also ticked off that Slots passed in my home state of Maryland, I guess the whole vote yes on 2 to get $600 million for schools gambit worked, because it won big too.

No comments:

Post a Comment