Sunday, March 21, 2010

Read This Now - The Speech You Probably Missed

Well there was a lot of must see tv this weekend, and I missed all of it because it was so nice outside.

If you're like me, or you couldn't bring yourself to watch c-span instead of march madness, James Fallows has a nice recap of the speech President Obama gave to the House Democrats on Saturday...

The real point here is Obama's argument that even if the vote proves politically costly, the ultimate purpose of politics is to win office so as to do important things, rather than to avoid doing anything controversial or important so as to cling endlessly to office.
There are other good tid-bits and queued up video (is that the proper cue / queue? I think that it is) in the actual post.

(sorry I can't remember how I got there)

No comments:

Post a Comment