Thursday, December 16, 2010

School Work

Being in grad school means doing lots of work.  Luckily it's fairly targeted so it tends to be more interesting and enjoyable than might otherwise be the case.  Most of the work though isn't anything that makes me feel like sharing.

My latest project is different though.  For an advanced GIS (think google maps, spatial processing and the like) this semester I built a google earth plugin based website that helps visualize the effects of sea level rise.  I'm quite pleased with how it turned out and you should go have a look and play around a bit.

I believe that the project is pretty neat as is but that its greatest potential lies in creating specific sea level rise overlays for selected regions and then constructing the corresponding 3-D buildings for the region in order to visualize sea level rise affects accurately and effectively.

I'd be interested in any thoughts or feedback that you feel like sharing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment