Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Afghan War From Ground Level

I've been reading Tom Ricks' new blog and as a result have been getting a lot of info on what the situation in Afghanistan looks like, bottom line not so hot. In no small part because Afghanistan is just so different from anywhere else and can't be treated in the same way much less solved in the same way as other places and conflicts.

But I digress, I want to point out a couple of great blogs (milblogs if I've got the lingo right) written by soldiers about the current wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I came to these blogs via Tom Ricks and Doonesbury's Sandbox, if you are interested in whats actually going on on the ground over there it would be hard to find something better to read...

Afghanistan Shrugged

Army of Dude

No comments:

Post a Comment