Monday, February 14, 2011

Nothing Lasts Forever


Relax, I'm not talking about this blog (or maybe stop celebrating).  Rather that post title refers to the demise of my favorite little brewery / beer label.  Wild Goose beers were a formative piece of my beer education and their IPA and Oatmeal Stout settled in as two of my top beers and my definite top choices when in the DC area.

Hell I can remember taking the tour of the brewery as probably an 11 or 12 year old in Cambridge.  When I was back in town around New Year's I noticed that I couldn't find Oatmeal Stout anywhere and was a little put off about it.  It wasn't until this afternoon though, that I fired up the google and found that Wild Goose was indeed no more.

It seems that Flying Dog (who took over a few years back and then moved all of their operations to Fredrick) needs all of the capacity it has to push out their own label beers.  I can't say that I blame them, just that I'd rather drink some Wild Goose.

Beer in Baltimore has a nice obituary for Wild Goose, which is how I finally got the news.  This seems to be all that's left otherwise.  I'm tempted to say pour one out for Wild Goose, but if you have any left you should enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment