Monday, December 31, 2012

End Of The Year Tab Dump - Art

It's the end of 2012 and my folder full of tabs / bookmarks that I've been meaning to share is over flowing.  The end of a year seems like a good enough reason to get them all out there for your perusal and it doesn't hurt that it will help get me up over the 100 post threshold for 2012 either.

We're gonna do this categorically, sort of at least, some other links ended up on twitter; check the sidebar for those or @hcoppola.

And now it's time for Art, and/or art type things that didn't fit in anywhere else.  There were fewer of these lying around than the other categories I could come up with.  For the most part it's easy to share art stuff so I get to it more often.

Orhan Pamuk built a museum in a house in Istanbul that comes from a book that he wrote and was financed with his Nobel Prize money.  I've read two Pamuk books they were both pretty weirdly intense and one was fascinating and the other didn't hold my interest and no I don't recall the title of either.

Jeff Koons taught a bunch of second graders an art class and someone did this delightful little write up.

There is a dude who does photo-drawing mashups and calls them Pencil vs Camera...


A Japanese collective of sorts makes occasionally mesmerizing spinning animated GIFs...


Steve Winter takes pictures of tigers and of people and of how they interact and inter-relate.

Stay tuned as we close out 2012 and roll into 2013 there's still more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment